Terms and conditions
Rules of using the 516 Arouca – Suspension bridge
Be a public health agent in the fight against COVID-19
- Disinfect your hands before starting the visit;
- When sneezing or coughing, cover your nose and mouth with your forearm or tissue;
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5 meters between people from different households;
- If you have any symptoms, do not go to 516 Arouca;
- Wear a mask throughout the entire visit.
Contribute to the proper functioning of the infrastructure
- Bring comfortable shoes and clothing. Entry in slippers and high-heeled shoes is prohibited;
- On days of heat and sun exposure, bring water and put on sunscreen;
- Appear, at the place marked as meeting point, 15 minutes before the time of your reservation;
- Make sure you have the access ticket to 516 Arouca with you;
- The booking confirmation email does not replace the bridge access ticket;
- If you are accompanied by children, make sure that crossing the 516 Arouca will not cause them anxiety;
- Watch the children in your care;
- Respect the official guidelines, signs of each location and indications provided by employees;
- During the visit, keep your belongings. Arouca Municipality will not be responsible for any fall or damage;
- Do not put your hands on the junction of the decks, avoiding getting hurt when the bridge is swaying;
- Do not take bulky backpacks on the bridge (maximum size allowed: 40cm x 20cm x 25cm);
- Contact our employees whenever you need any clarification or if you detect any irregularities;
- Contribute to ensuring good traffic conditions.
- Entry of children under 6 years old;
- Entrance of baby carriages;
- Ride by bicycle or electric mobility vehicles;
- Entrance of pets;
- Entrance on the bridge with bulky and heavy backpacks/bags;
- Entrance in slippers, high-heeled shoes or other footwear that is considered to be inadequate;
- Entrance with umbrellas on the bridge;
- Entrance of those who show signs of drunkenness or apparent psychic anomaly;
- Climb and sit on the bridge guards;
- Sit or lie down on the bridge deck;
- Smoking, eating or drinking during the visit;
- Attach any type of object to the bridge structure;
- Writing, drawing or any other activity that damages the bridge structure;
- Throwing objects or other materials;
- Remain on the bridge after the visit;
- Any drone footage. For this purpose, prior authorization must be requested to Arouca Municipality, the bridge's managing entity, by e-mail: email@example.com
Cancellations and Refunds:
- Cancellations are refundable with a penalty of 50% of the charged rate. For the refund to be possible it is compulsory to provide a VAT number (NIF) at the moment of the purchase of the tickets;
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours before the day of the visit. That is, cancellations are not accepted at the day before the visit.
- Rebookings are allowed with an extra payment of 25% of the entrance fee, subject to availability;
- Reschedules must be made 48 hours before the day initially scheduled. That is, rebookings are not accepted at the day before at the day initially scheduled.
- A reservation can only be rebooked once and the amount paid for the rebooking is non-refundable.
- To a rebooked reservation, the general cancellation conditions are apply on the amount paid initially.
- If you don’t show up on the day and time reserved it will result in the total loss of the ticket;
- If 516 Arouca closes, for reasons of majeure force, the user will be able to:
- Reschedule your visit with no additional cost, within one year, on a date of your choice (subject to availability);
- Request a full refund.
- To request your rebooking, please contact the Interactive Tourism Store on 256 940 258 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is not possible to change the invoice data. Validate it in advance;
- Groups with more than 25 people should contact LIT – Arouca Geopark Interactive Tourism Store (email@example.com or 256 940 258);
- The Arouca Municipality reserves the right to use the visitor's email and telephone/mobile phone contacts for communication purposes directly related to 516 Arouca;
- The ticket for the 516 Arouca includes entry to the Paiva Walkways as long as the visit takes place on the same day as the bridge. Between November and March (inclusive), if you choose the visit time to the bridge from 3:30 pm, and if you want to make the Walkways, it is compulsory to visit them before visiting the bridge.
Arouca Interactive Tourism Store
256 940 258 | firstname.lastname@example.org
9:00 am to 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm (week)
9:30 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm (weekends and holidays)
Purposes and Legal Basis of Data Processing
Your personal data, such as name, address, email, telephone/mobile number, are processed for institutional and informative communication purposes by Arouca Municipality and/or entities in which you participate. In the context of data processing, the corresponding mailing lists will be created and updated. This institutional/informative communication includes means such as Newsletters, emails and/or short message service (“sms”).
At any time, you can unsubscribe of any of the means described above, through the indication “Unsubscribe from this list”, at the bottom of our newsletters. Alternatively, you can also do it through the following email address: email@example.com.
Access to Personal Data, its Update, Correction and/or Deletion and Other Rights
As the holder of personal data, at any time, you have the right to request to Arouca Municipality the access to your personal data, as well as its updating, rectification or deletion, and the limitation of treatment, as well as, the right to object to the data processing, the right to data portability, under the other terms provided for in the RGPD and in the applicable legislation.
You have also the right to file a complaint with a Control Authority, that is, with the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (CNPD).
Additionally, we informe that, as the holder of personal data concerning you, at any time you have the right to withdraw consent, without compromising the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent previously given. You must communicate any changes to your personal data in order to keep them always up to date.
Personal data will be kept by Arouca Municipality, as long as necessary to achieve the purpose of the treatment for which they were requested. Once the period that justifies its conservation has ended, the data will be destroyed within an adequate period for that purpose.